Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Jourdan Lewis looks like a good fit with Cowboys
05-15-2017, 04:37 PM
Jourdan Lewis looks like a good fit with Cowboys
Sundays, at least last season, were field Aaron Burbridge Jersey days for quarterbacks and wide receivers who opposed the Dallas Cowboys. In 2016, America’s Team allowed 260.4 passing yards per game, the seventh most in the NFL. And they’re in the NFC East, meaning they’ll face that Shaq Lawson Jersey OBJ guy from the New York Giants at least a couple of times per year. Dallas’ secondary needs help. How does a team remedy that situation? Here’s how: It acquires a player such as cornerback Jourdan Lewis, a first- or second-round talent who slipped to the third round in the draft, landing in the lap of Brian Dawkins Jersey Jerry Jones at No. 92 overall. As a junior, Lewis, a former Detroit Cass Tech superstar, broke up a school-record 22 passes and earned All-American honors. As a senior, and despite a core muscle injury, he maintained his position as one of the top lockdown press men in the nation, again earning All-American recognition while anchoring an elite coverage unit. The Wolverines’ secondary was feared because of Lewis — not just because of him, but … OK, it was feared because of him. At 5 feet 11 and roughly 190 pounds, Lewis proved he Donte Moncrief Jersey could guard any receiver in the country. By rights, he probably should have been one of the first corners selected during the 2017 NFL Draft. However, roughly 20 defensive backs — each part of a historically deep class — came off the board before Lewis, whose stock fell a few notches due to allegations of domestic assault, to which he pleaded not guilty. “I completely think that all charges will be dropped and I think I will Winston Guy Jersey be exonerated from everything,” Lewis said, via ESPN.com’s Todd Archer. “I’m completely innocent. I believe that wholeheartedly. And I’m just going to have to see what happens in my next trial date.” Per Archer, the Cowboys “thoroughly investigated” the charges, leaving the process feeling good about their decision to draft Lewis. Does all of this sound familiar? A high-value guy who Tony Romo Jersey slipped a round or two due to legal issues, only to have his character questioned prior to becoming a professional?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply